RECIPE: White Chocolate & Ginger Cheesecake

I've been asked for the recipe, over on the View from the Teapot. As this is the "Foodie" blog I thought it best to post it here.
I adapted this recipe from one on this site . This is my take on it. I couldn't get ginger in syrup, but only preserved ginger rolled in sugar. If you can get ginger in syrup, you'll need to adapt this recipe:

BASE:
200g speculoos biscuits. If you can't get them, try ginger nuts, or something cinnamon-y/ gingery
100g (give or take) butter
3 or 4 pieces of ginger, snipped into bits

Smash the biscuits to crumbs (however you like to do it. We use a rolling pin and the biscuits in a bag) Melt the butter. Mix butter and biscuits, and then add the ginger. Put into a lined flan dish. Smooth out and put in fridge to chill.

TOPPING:
250g marscapone
2 big dollops of creme fraiche (full fat or light, as you wish)
200g white chocolate
3 or 4 pieces of ginger snipped into small pieces
2 tbsp of agave syrup (it's slightly runnier than golden syrup. If you are using ginger-in-syrup, use the syrup from that)
Dollop of ginger paste (or about 1" piece grated - that's a guess)

Melt chocolate over boiling water.
Meanwhile whisk the marscapone and creme fraiche together. Add the syrup and ginger puree.
When the chocolate is melted,stir into the cream mixture. Add the morsels of ginger. Stir in.
Plop the mixture onto the biscuit base, spread it neatly and chill overnight.



CHILLI SAUCE
About 75g butter
About 75g brown sugar
About 35g golden syrup
2 big dollops of creme fraiche
A big dollop of sweet chilli sauce, or 1 tbsp chilli powder (I've made it with both and prefer it with the sweet chilli sauce)

Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together.
When bubbling nicely, remove from heat and vigourously stir in the creme fraiche. Add the chilli and stir in. Pour into a jug and chill.



TO SERVE:
You can grate white chocolate over the top, or, as has been suggested, grated lemon peel might be nice. Serve sauce warm or chilled, poured over the top, or for guests to pour - as you wish.

It is rather deliciously rich and sickly. But remarkably simple to make. I think it's becoming my go-to dessert, rather than the previous Banoffee Pie, which requires 3 hours boiling a can of Condensed milk. Which gets a bit tedious. It has certainly received many rave reviews!

Comments

  1. Good Afternoon to you, Oh my, this sounds lovely. For some reason or other I was not able to see the photos. I have bookmarked this recipe to try in the Summer as I am trying to be sensible with my eating and if I made this, I KNOW, the sensible eating would fly out the window.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this is my kind of cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks heavenly- I can't usually find creme fraiche- is there a good alternative?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts