Thursday, 7 November 2013

Wombling on...

Yesterday's blog In November post was over at The Teapot where I introduced you to one of my favourite songs by Elbow. This is a bit of a womblingly meandering post. No real theme. Except food.

In fact, today I'm thinking (very much!) about food. I'm fasting today and it's hard!! Usually I don't have any problems with not eating until dinner, but today I am really struggling. I may "cave in" and have a CuppaSoup (which isn't caving too much, but does give me a sense of having eaten something!) These are the ones I'm having at the moment
which are fairly satisfyingly savoury, but not very many calories.

Dinner tonight is a bit store-cupboard-y. I've not been shopping for over a week, and the fridge is bare! Mr FD complained about the lack of sandwich fillings, and I do have to admit we were down to the bare minimum! So dinner tonight is a chickpea, spinach & tomato curry (this recipe doesn't include spinach, but I'll be tossing in some blocks of frozen spinach to add to the vegetable content) I have to buy an onion though as I've run out - and onions are something that I never run out of! (Except, obviously, I do - because I have!) We'll have this with rice.

I made beef fajitas yesterday and used a sauce that I'd bought in Noz
The label, showing the "heat" of the sauce was marked halfway between "mild" and "medium" - well, I can tell you that anyone not used to chilli heat would have died trying this! I was rather liberal with the sauce ("Well, it's mild to medium strength!" ) We like a medium curry, and Mr FD is braver than I when we visit an Indian restaurant, but both of us had fiery mouths at the end of the meal - and I was physically weeping! It was tasty...but it was painful!!! I'm not sure when I'll be using the rest of the bottle up, but it'll certainly be tempered with some yoghurt!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I don't think I could handle that hot sauce! The kitty photo is funny! I like that tabby.
    I think you should go ahead and have a cup of soup, Mouse.
    Happy day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding that the older I get the less courageous I am with hot food! And Indian food scares me wholly! The face on that bottle would have been enough to deter me.

    ReplyDelete