This is a Different Post. It includes RECIPES

I've decided to post another post, rather than add this onto the end of the cycling update. 

My weightloss wasn't spectacular this week - 0.1 of a kilo! But I suppose that's something! Still, as the previous week had consisted of several meals out with Mum, plus at least one glass of wine and an apero in the evening, I am hardly surprised. I would like to find I've lost weight on Wednesday though, although I'm finding it a little more difficult to stay focussed now.

START WEIGHT
102 kg
224.9 lbs
TARGET WEIGHT
75 kg
165.3 lbs
AMOUNT TO LOSE
27 kg
59.6 lbs
AMOUNT TO GO
21.4 kg
47.2 lbs
LOST  IN TOTAL
5.6 kg
12.3 lbs
LOST THIS WEEK
0.1 kg
0.2 lb
WEIGHT THIS WEEK
95. 4 kg
210 lb

My Fitness Pal is quite helpful. In logging (almost) everything I eat and drink I am at least more aware of what I'm doing. My calorie "target" is  low at 1330 calories a day - but that means if I go over it by 200 or so, I'm not that worried. Also, when you log in your food for the day it comes up with a little tag saying "If every day was like today you'd weigh --- kg in 5 weeks". I'm looking forward to the day when it says "you'd weigh some number under 90 kg in 5 weeks". At the moment it's hovering around the 92 kg mark, which isn't too discouraging. 

Anyway, I've not shared any recipes for a while. So, what have we eaten this week? Stuffed Peppers? They were quite tasty, but anyone can stuff a pepper. You hardly need a recipe for that! Glamorgan Sausages? They were tasty, but hardly diet fare - it's a good job I'd been out on the bike that day, as I was "allowed" 750 extra calories. That just about covered the Glamorgan Sausages!!! Courgette & Tomato soup today? It's OK, but nothing terribly spectacular. Hmm, I don't know. Let me go back over my recipe folder in Word (I'll be back in a sec...!)

OK, so hereyou are. The first is quite enjoyable - nothing special, but fine for a midweek meal. The second looks very nice, but I don't remember ever cooking it! Do tell me what it's like if you make it!


Crispy Salmon with Leek and Courgettes (serves 4)

2tbsp olive oil
4 x 125g (4oz) salmon fillets
1 medium leek, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 medium courgettes, finely sliced
100g bag baby spinach leaves
2tbsp each capers and freshly chopped flat-leafed parsley
4tbsp low fat crème fraîche

1. Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Fry salmon for 4min each side until skin is crisp.

2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a separate pan and add the leek, garlic and courgettes. Cook for 3–4min until soft and golden. Add the spinach, capers, parsley and crème fraîche. Season and cook for 2–3min until the spinach is wilted. Serve with the salmon and some mashed potato.

SPICY PORK CHOPS (serves 2)
2 large pork chops
1tbsp virgin olive oil
1tbsp piri-piri seasoning
Few fresh rosemary sprigs
1 garlic cloves, peeled
100g  baby spinach leaves, washed
200g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Lemon wedges, to serve

1. With a sharp knife trim the excess fat from the pork chops, especially where it runs along the bone. Place in a shallow dish. Mix together 1tbsp of the olive oil with the piri-piri seasoning and rosemary sprigs and brush over the chops. Cover and marinate for 30 mins.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan until it's very hot, then add the chops. Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 mins on each side until golden and cooked through. Remove chops from the pan, cover and keep warm. Wipe the pan out with some kitchen paper and add the rest of the olive oil.
3. Crush the garlic cloves and add to the hot oil with the spinach leaves. Sauté for 2-3 mins until the spinach leaves have just wilted. Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Season to taste. Arrange the pork chops on top and serve with lemon wedges.

Comments

Popular Posts