Pulled Pork Update!

On my last post, I said I was going to try Frugal Queen's pulled pork on Saturday. Cooked over 8 hours in the slow cooker, it was absolutely delicious!
I had some southern barbecue sauce that I used in place of ketchup, but other than that I followed the recipe. I found it a tiny bit too sweet, and would use less sugar next time, but it was a real treat! We had it with coleslaw, salad and crusty bread and I had to hold Mr FD back from having too big-a-second- helping so there was enough for another meal. It's now in the freezer.

I would really, really recommend it as a très simple dish to cook. 

Today (Tuesday) I'm in a bit of a funny mood. I can't settle to anything - I spent this morning planning next Monday's lessons, but this afternoon has been a bit of a non-starter. I've eaten too much of the not-so-good-for-you stuff (chocolate and cookies) and feel really meh. I think it is partly the anti-biotics (still on them!!) but part of it is just I'm being too lazy.

Listen, Fat Dormouse. You have ironing. Go and do it before Mr FD gets home. (He'll be later than usual - he has kiné and then plans to go swimming.) Go. Iron!

I wonder if I could train them...

Comments

  1. An ironing cat is a genius idea!!!! Hmmm, I'd like to try da pulled pork!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have a problem with hubby leaving enough for a second meal! He doesn't seem to think it's frugal. He thinks of it as a challenge.

    X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts