RECIPE: Indonesian Chicken

2 chicken breasts
MARINADE:
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, chopped
grated zest/juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tbsp Chinese 5-spice powder (I cut this down a bit)
One and 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp paprika
SAUCE:
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp grated coconut (I used dessicated)
1 tsp honey
1 tsp chilli powder
60 ml water

Mix marinade ingredients Marinade chickenfor about 1 hour (or more if possible)
Put coconut in a pan with peanut butter, honey & chilli. Add water. Whisk until smooth (unless you used crunchy peanut butter!!!) Bring to boil & then simmer
Grill the chicken breasts, until cooked, brushing with the marinade. (If you wish you could cut the chicken into chunks, & make brochettes with peppers & onions.)
Serve with sauce & salad. And rice too, if you wish.


I'm sorry I don't have lovely photos of my food. I'm not that good at photography - and, to be honest, I'd rather be eating my foosd than photographing it!!!

Comments

  1. Oh, yum! I am going to have to try this one when the boys are out (the don't go for Indonesian flavours, sadly).

    How kind of you to offer me a bookmark. I'm really chuffed! I guess I'd like a religious one, please - surprise me! If you could email me (address on my profile) I'll send you my address. Let me know your address too at the same time, please!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts