Sunday, 20 December 2015

Grrrrr!!!

Mother in Law is here and - to get us in the festive mood - we decided to head for the carol service at church. Leaving with an hour in hand (50 minutes to get there) I thought I'd better doublecheck the time. So with Mr FD driving I checked the webpage.

 Yes, you've guessed it - I'd got the time wrong! It started at 6.00 not 6.30. We would have got there too late...so we turned round and came home, Mr FD saying in a small voice "I was looking forward to that..." So was I. I feel very grumpy now.



I hope MiL may feel she wants to go to the Christmas Eve service (5.30 - I've already checked!) as there's no Christmas Day service. Otherwise I'll feel we've missed out on all the services!!! Which we will have done.


I suppose it doesn't matter really. It's how I meet God in the here and now that really matters, rather than singing together. I can still welcome the Christ child. I suppose half of it is that I feel I've let people down - I didn't have a role in the sevice but I still really wanted to go. Oh well, can't be helped now. Pop on the smile, open the wine and enjoy the evening!!






4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I've done that before and been so cross at myself!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweetie pie friend! You have a lot on your kind mind. Sometimes we get our wires crossed, but it's okay! The cats are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making me laugh; it's good knowing I'm not the only one who gets things wrong.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a Happy Christmas Alison x

    ReplyDelete