I've been a bad girl!

...and I haven't posted for two weeks. Last weekend I spent Saturday cleaning (because, after all, if I notice it needs cleaning then it really needs cleaning! And I noticed!) and Sunday preparing for a lesson. I have a new student, 3 hours a week, high level, who is a "Yellow Belt" trainer for Six Sigma change management. Well, this meant nothing to me so I had to do some research and plan quite meticulously. I was really worried, but Pascale was delightful and the lesson was fine  - despite my being 20 minutes late as I hadn't factored in enough time to allow for traffic caused by the closure of the motorway for roadworks.

This weekend I had to write reports on a course that's ending tomorrow, and bake flapjack for my students (typical British biscuit) I also made a cake to take to the Church barbecue which I have just got back from. It was a delicious cake - here is the recipe - although I made it with peaches and raspberries in place of strawberries. Happily (for Mr FD, who, on sampling a piece, announced it was too good for church (!) ) everyone pigged out on meat and salad and crisps, so puddings weren't very popular. I brought most of the cake back home and have stowed it in the freezer to keep Mr FD happy while I'm in the UK

Yes, even after two years where I ended up in tears because I struggled to control the brats dear little children I'm going back for more. I'm working with Lines Summer School in Newbury. This year I know I'm working with the Kids programme (6 - 9 year olds) so I'm feeling more confident about that!
I'm leaving next Tuesday (1st July) but I don't know how long my contract will be for - it depends on how many children there will be...no problem. I know that I'm returning back to France on 18th August after my Goddaughter's wedding, so I just have to fill the time up between my teaching time and the wedding...it might be three, two or one week!
I hope that this year will be the year when everything goes swimmingly, I don't end up weeping and I'm glad that I went (and not just because of the dosh!) Last year the first two weeks were awful (older children, couldn't control them) and the last two weeks were great (Kids department. No tears. Felt I did a good job. Loved the guy who is the Head of Department.) This year I'm starting with the Kids so fingers crossed...

Here are some pictures from last year:

Robin, one of the other teachers, trying to interest the children in...not sure what! Note how fascinated they all are (not)
Can't remember his name, but he was a delight to teach. The child was nice too...!  :-)
Hawa, senior teacher, sitting on a giant tortoise at Marwell Zoo. Because that's what you do.
Me, looking windswept on a walk. Somewhere. No idea where.

Anyway. here are my menu plans for this week (after which, I won't have to plan food at all, as it's all provided. I just have to be careful not to eat too much!)

MONDAY:
Veggie bean burgers - mix in the freezer already - with salad and wedges.

TUESDAY: (Sort of fasting)
Manchego & Chorizo Quesadillas + salad

WEDNESDAY:

Steak, chicory & orange salad, new potatoes



THURSDAY: (Sort-of fasting)

SpicySaag aloo + chicken thighs 

FRIDAY:
Out. At a restaurant.


We did this the Thursday before last - I get home late on Thursday so we decided to go out. It was great as Mr FD and I sat and chatted, without the distraction of the TV. We had good food and supported the local economy too. We are probably going to continue this next September...However, as Mr FD wants a good excuse to miss a Committee Meeting, we're going on Friday: it's a kind of "Goodbye Fat Dormouse" too, before I head off.

So, dear readers, don't be disheartened if there are no posts for a couple of months...I may find time to pop in and comment during my time away, but I may not. However, I do appreciate you all, and your comments, so please, don't forget me  and come back to find me in September.

Comments

  1. You'll be tucked in prayer because I know how difficult it is taking care of young folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well at the summer school. If you need a stopover in MK let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts