I've also taken time to plan ahead, again, so I won't have a weekful of stressful evenings, which is what happened the first week here, when we were having to plan four 90-minute lessons every evening. I'm much chillier now!
Food continues to be plentifuil and, for mass catering, very good. Some of the teachers are complaining of various things, but me? I'm stuffing my face quite happily!!!
Highlights have included:
- waffles, chocolate sauce and sliced banana (I added the banana myself. Quite a brainwave, though I say it myself!)
- Lamb tagine and couscous. Niot very spicy but full of flavour
- Calamari to die for! I think the best battered calimari I've tasted (though to be fair, I haven't tasted that many) with a spicy chilli sauce
- Beautiful light tempura-style batter on fish. I don't eat much fish normally, but I've had it three times since I've been here. It's very good. Sometimes battered, sometimes in a buttery hollandaise type sauce.
- Scones and jam for dessert yesterday. There was cream on offer too, but I prefer my scones creamless. Anna, my Greek friend, was practically orgasmic over the cream though; it was all she could do not to lick the plate!!!
Signing off until next weekend. Fat Dormouse xxx