Silly Bint.

That's me, that is. Silly Bint.

I'm well known for being unsteady on my feet, and always finding a hole to fall into/over.

Well, today was another spectacular fall. I'd gone down to Friend Alison's to pick up their dog, Marvin, to go for a walk with him - as the family had goner out for the day. I decided to take the car & go somewhere further afield where I can let him off the lead, so I drove down, parked the car and fetched Marvin. On the way back to the car my foot went into a hole in the pavement, and I fell forwards. I'm not sure quite what happened but I may have hit my face on a conveniently placed fire hydrant on the way down. My glasses are now bent, my knees battered, bruised and swollen and - worst of all - I have broken a front tooth

Not an attractive view, I'm afraid. 

I sat on the ground weeping with shock (while two ladies walked past me on the other side of the road without stopping!) and Marvin just sat next to me, shivering and clearly confused that his walk (about which he had been very excited) had been cut short. I deposited him back in his garden, and went looking for someone to take care of me - I was worried I'd broken my cheekbone as it seemed to be hurting quite a lot. (It's calmed down now, so I think it's okay) Mr FD wasn't at home - out cycling - and I needed to be looked after! Our friends Louis & Odette weren't at home, and I finally ended up weeping over poor Michel who clearly didn't quite know what to do with me! After about 5 minutes of crying and shaking, and a glass of water, I felt much better, but Michel wanted to look after me some more so I sat there for about 20 minutes.

I'll have to try and find an optician tomorrow that can bend my glasses back into shape. I'm due to go to the opthalmologist in a couple of weeks, and I think I'll need new glasses, so it's not too much of a problem (I'll be reusing old frames though. Can't afford the lenses AND the frames!) I've also booked an appointment at the dentist, but she couldn't see me for three weeks so I'll be left with my chippy tooth till then. I'm not sure how much dental work is covered on my mutuelle, so it could turn out to be expensive. Grr. I suppose one could argue I could claim from the Mairie, as they hadn't kept the pavement in good repair, but I'm a firm believer in accidents happen. And I wasn't looking. 

Hey ho.

Mind you, having just been to the Mairie to tell them about the hole, they did suggest I spoke to my insurers to see if it might be covered. So I'll do that. 

Silly Bint.

Comments

  1. Oh, OW! Poor you! I'm glad it wasn't worse, but better to have not happened at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I'm so sorry that happened! Heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey...hope you mend soon!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, poor you. That sounds awful! I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing. Hope all is healed and tooth and glasses soon fixed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Poor you Alison! I hope you feel better soon, that is really horrid.xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts