Various musings & Updates

First of all, if you've come via Google links to read my Pause In Lent, you need to redirect to here.

Otherwise, I can update you on my cycling and weightloss.
The Cycling challenge is going well, thanks to the Cycle Club of St Just who keep me on my toes (or should that be on my bike?!) I went out by myself on Thursday - although I didn't feel much like it, and my legs really, really didn't want to work, I managed about 23 km at a fairly good average speed. There's a route which has a nasty little hill in it, but you know that when you've got up that (in Granny Gear, with a couple of stops to breathe!) there's 8 km of almost all downhill. I got up to 45 kph at one point - really scary for me!

Then yesterday we went out from the CCSJ. Odette outlined the route before we left, and it included a climb up to a village called Cremeaux. 6 km of climbing - aaargh! I thought. All the time we were heading towards it, I kept thinking "Ah, we've got the climb to Cremeaux coming up..." and panicking slightly. But, as Mr D had already told me, but I didn't believe him, it was actually not a problem. I did it all in 2nd gear, with only one stop to breathe and drink (I can't drink as I'm cycling.) I was so chuffed when I reached the top with no real difficulties! The route down again is a bit up-and-down, and at one point (oddly not on a steepish climb, but on quite a flattish one) I nearly gave up, but Paul nursed me along and I managed it. Huzzah for me again!

No thank to add today for sponsorship, but I have left a form in the Locale of the Cycle Club, so I hope for more sponsors from that. I've also collared a couple of friends who are over for their holidays at the moment. Hopefully something will come of that.

So my totaliser stands at:

Date
Distance cycled
Distance to go
Money raised
Money to go
26.03.11
126.5
873.5
314€*
686€
03.04.11
184
816
377€*
623€
10.04.11
243
757
377€*
623€

I am 21 km ahead of target for this week. Big enormous smiles.

As for my weight loss, well, that's been slow but acceptably steady. I was naughty last night, as we popped into the restaurant next door to see friends who were having a meal there, and I ended up having a kir and a pudding (dried fruit and nuts in caramel sauce with ice cream and almond tuile biscuits. Absolutely gorgeous...but possibly not very good for the diet!) But, with the exercise as well, there has definitely been a change in my shape! My "overhang" is certainly reduced and it has been noticed!

So, generally a good week has been had by all.

START WEIGHT
102 kg
224.9 lbs
TARGET WEIGHT
75 kg
165.3 lbs
AMOUNT TO LOSE
27 kg
59.6 lbs
AMOUNT TO GO
20.1 kg
44.3 lbs
LOST  IN TOTAL
6.9 kg
14.12 lbs
LOST THIS FORTNIGHT
1.3  kg
2.9 lb
WEIGHT THIS WEEK
94.1 kg
207.5 lb

Comments

  1. Thanks for your visit, I've enjoyed reading your posts.
    One way I lost weight was to accompany my husband on the GI diet, which is formulated to bring sugar levels (glycaemic index) down. It did two things, brought his sugar levels down and we both lost weight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts